Table of contents
Basic Bet Types
A sole winner is a bet on any of the three possible outcomes (win, lose or draw) in a single event.
A win/loss handicap is a bet that one participant/team will beat the other participant/team in the event or finish higher in the pairings.
A handicap is a bet placed on one of the participants/teams on the basis of an assumed handicap (which the participant/team was ahead by prior to the start of the event). After the handicap is added to the actual match result, the winner is the participant/team with the higher score.
A handicap is a bet where the outcome is determined by the total number of points (goals scored, points scored, etc.) in the final outcome of an event. If the total score is higher than the pre-determined total, the winner is the “over” bet; if the total score is lower than the pre-determined total, the winner is the “under” bet.
Single and Double Handicap
A single or double handicap is a bet where the outcome of the bet is determined by whether the total number of points in the final outcome of an event is an odd or even number.
A single-team odd/even bet is a bet that predicts whether the final result of a particular team in a tournament will be an odd or even number.
Half Time/Full Time Single/Double
A half-time/full-time handicap is a bet that predicts whether the half-time result and full-time result of an event will be a single, single, double or double handicap.
A winner bet is a bet on the winner of a tournament.
A mixed pass is a combination of bets on at least two selections in a single bet. If all selections win, the bettor receives a parlay of the combined odds of all selections. If one (or more) of the selections does not win, the pass bet loses. The final payout for a mixed parlay is the product of the odds for each selection.
Odds are a bookmaker’s index of closing odds, usually issued by professional handicappers. By knowing the odds, novice sports bettors will be able to calculate what they will gain or lose on that bet.
- Hong Kong Odds:Hong Kong odds is a positive number greater than 0. It represents the return to the winner excluding the betting money.
- European Odds:European odds are a positive number greater than 1. It represents the return to the winner including the stake.
- Malay Odds:Malay odds are the same as the Hong Kong odds algorithm when positive, and negative values represent the amount of money at risk to win a unit of money.
- Indonesia Odds:Indonesian odds are a number with an absolute value greater than 1. Positive Indonesian odds are the same as the Hong Kong odds algorithm, while negative values indicate the amount of money at risk to win a unit of money.
- US Odds:US odds are a number with an absolute value greater than 100. A positive value for US odds indicates the amount of money that can be won by betting one unit of risk, while a negative value indicates the amount of money that the customer needs to risk to win one unit of risk.
Overview of betting by category
1.The final settlement is based on the completion time of the match, which is 90 minutes. Injury time is included.
2.In case of interruptions, delays or cancellations, please refer to the specific rules of the different companies. Some companies treat them as invalid matches and thus void bets; others give a time limit and if the match is not resumed within the time limit, bets on the match will be considered invalid.
1. Final settlements are based on the time the event finished, including overtime.
2. NBA events must be played for at least 43 minutes for a full court bet to be considered valid; any other basketball game must be played for at least 35 minutes for a full court bet to be considered valid.
1. If the original venue of the match is changed, bets will be considered invalid.
2. If the event is postponed or interrupted, all bets remain valid as long as the match is finally completed.
1. Final settlement is based on the time of completion of the event, excluding overtime.
2. If the event is postponed or interrupted, all bets remain valid as long as the match is resumed within 12 hours.
1. Final settlement is based on the tournament completion time, including extra innings.
2. Under international baseball rules, an event may end early if one team is ahead by 10 runs after a minimum of seven innings of play, or by 15 runs after a minimum of five innings of play. In this case, all bets remain valid.
Different companies will have different betting rules for different sporting events, so before betting, novice sports bettors should always check the relevant company’s website to ensure they understand the betting rules that apply to that company.